- Ostara 1.25" 3x barlow lens with t-adapter / t-ring bundle
- ***PLEASE NOTE*** No eyepiece is used with the camera (body attached)
- How to use
- The kit comes in 3 sections
- Simply attach all 3 sections together, and connect to your camera body like you would a lens
- Then place the adapter into the telescope eyepiece holder
- If using a refractor with no diagonal used, an extension tube may be needed (not included)
- What camera settings will I use ?
- Manual focus and exposure
- What will the magnification be ?
- As this is prime focus photography (no eyepiece used) the power will depend on the focal length of the telescope
- For example a 1200mm f5 telescope will become in effect a 3600mm f15 telephoto lens
- Something smaller (astromaster 130 for example) will become a 1950mm f15.3 telephoto lens
- Can I use it as a camera adapter without the barlow ?
- Yes. Simply use the t-adapter and camera adapter without the barlow. Note that this may affect infinity focus on Newtonians
- Can I use as a barlow lens without the camera adapter
- Yes. The Ostara 3x barlow is a high quality achromatic doublet, that will triple the power of any 1.25" eyepiece
- Without doubt (as the images show) this has to be one of the most attractive barlows on the market
- Perfect addition to any budding astro photographers collection
- Note that results you get will depend on the quality of telescope used, accurate collimation , seeing conditions and editing/stacking software used