**Price includes delivery**
Now includes a free Ostara 2" t-adapter worth £29.99 RRP while stocks last
The Skywatcher Evostar 72 ED APO OTA uses a different objective lens glass combination to the Evostar-80ED/100ED/120ED models , and by doing so is optically a step up compared to those mentioned above.
Apochromatic Refractors, due to their unobstructed, text-book like diffraction patterns, produce the sharpest, highest quality optical imaging available, bar-none, aperture for aperture, of any telescope optical system, making this OTA suitable for wide field astronomy and terrestrial use.
The high-end Evostar-72ED Apo features a doublet objective lens, with one Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass element. Top quality Schott glass is utilised for the Crown element. ED glass is essential for discerning user who demands high performance with low chromatic aberration.
Each air-to-glass objective lens surface has exotic anti-reflection metallic coatings applied, to ensure optimum light throughput of approaching 99.5%!!
The proprietary Sky-Watcher “Metallic High-Transmission Coatings” (MHC) are the finest photon anti-rejection coatings in their class.
OTA only. Diagonal and eyepieces not included
No surprises at checkout. Price includes UK delivery
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x216
- Objective Lens Diameter: 72mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 420mm (f/5.8)
- Supplied without Eyepiece, Finderscope and 2" Star Diagonal
- Dual-Speed 2” Crayford Focuser 11:1 ratio (Backlash-Free)
- Multi-Coated Objective Lens
- Sky-Watcher “Metallic 99.5% High-Transmission Coatings” (MHC) on all air to glass surfaces
- Standard Finderscope Shoe
- Tube Rings & 45mm Dovetail Bar (with 1/4-20 tripod threads)
- Removable Dewshield
- Weight 1955g
- Length 42cm
- Aluminium Carrying Case (with compartments for additional accessories)