The Skywatcher ED80 DR-PRO OTA is an affordable premium optics solution for stunning wide field images for both visual and imaging
Recommended mount (not included) EQ3-2 or greater
Apochromatic Refractors, due to their unobstructed, text-book like diffraction patterns, produce the sharpest, highest quality optical imaging available, bar-none, aperture for aperture, of any telescope optical system.
These high-end telescopes all feature a doublet objective lens. One element is made from premium Japanese Ohara FPL-53 Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass, which virtually eliminates chromatic aberration to deliver true colour reproduction. Top quality Schott glass is utilized for the Crown element.
Each air-to-glass lens surface has exotic anti-reflection metallic coatings applied, to ensure optimum light through-put of approaching 99.5%!!
The proprietary Sky-Watcher “Metallic High-Transmission Coatings” (MHC) are the finest photon anti-rejection coatings in their class.
- Magnification with Eyepieces Supplied: x21
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x240
- Objective Lens Diameter: 80mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 600mm (f/7.5)
- Eyepiece Supplied (2"): 28mm LET
- 2”/50.8mm Di-Electric Star Diagonal
- 9x50 Finderscope
- Dual-Speed 11:1 2” Crayford Focuser (Backlash-Free)
- Multi-Coated Objective Lens Supplied with Tube Rings & Mounting Plate
- Aluminium Carrying Case